Employers are set to receive a fortnightly wage subsidy up to $1,500 per employee in an effort to prevent millions of people losing their jobs to the coronavirus pandemic.
- To be eligible, employers will have experienced a 30 per cent fall in revenue since March 1.
- The JobKeeper payment is expected to last for the next six months and there will be legal obligation on employers to ensure they pass the full wage subsidy onto employees.
- Part-time workers and casuals with at least one year in their job can receive the payment, which will commence early May but be backdated to March 30.
- It will be backdated to include anyone who has been stood down due to coronavirus. However, a person cannot receive both the JobSeeker and JobKeeper payments.
- Sole traders, self-employed people, partnerships and trusts will also be eligible.
To register interest in the JobKeeper payment program go to the ATO website: Click Here
Click to Read – Fact Sheet Supporting Businesses to retain Jobs
Click to Read – Fact Sheet Information for Employers
Click to Read – Fact Sheet Information for Employees