APRIL 2019 WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Self Storage Association of Australasia Limited
(ABN 23 050 341 725) (“SSAA”)
EFFECTIVE DATE: 6th August 2019
- These Networking Events Terms and Conditions (Networking Terms) set out SSAA’s terms and conditions for attending networking events hosted by SSAA (Networking Events).
- All invitees to Networking Events (Invitees) must comply with these Networking Terms. Accordingly it is every Invitee’s responsibility to read and understand these Networking Terms.
- These Networking Terms are effective as at the date specified above and are available from SSAA’s website selfstorage.org.au (Website). Subject to clause 1(d), SSAA reserves the right, from time to time and in its sole discretion, to amend these Networking Terms and Invitees are deemed to accept these Networking Terms as amended if they continue to accept invitations to Networking Events after such amendments or if they attend a Networking Event after such amendments.
- SSAA will give notice of any amendments to these Networking Terms via the Website and by including amended Networking Terms when notifying Invitees of upcoming Networking Events.
- Invitations to Networking Events issued by SSAA (Invitations) will specify the time, date and location of that Networking Event, the cost of attending for the Invitee, the date by which full payment must be made by the Invitee to SSAA and the manner in which payment must be made.
- Due to the limited availability of places at Networking Events, Invitations are issued by SSAA on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. If an Invitee notifies SSAA of their intention to attend but fails to make full payment to SSAA by the date specified in their Invitation, that Invitee will be deemed to have declined their Invitation.
- Payments by Invitees of the costs of attending a Networking Event can be made by any of the payment methods specified on their Invitation, provided that full payment is received on or by the date specified on their Invitation.
- The Invitee is responsible for payment of any government taxes, charges or duties (including any goods and services tax) payable in respect of their Invitation.
- SSAA reserves the right to pass on to Invitees any additional costs (including merchant fees) incurred by SSAA where Invitees make payments to SSAA by credit card (as applicable).
- Cancellations and refunds
- If an Invitee cancels their attendance at a Networking Event by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Cancellation) at least four weeks prior to that Networking Event, SSAA will refund the Invitee’s payment, less a $20 administration fee.If an Invitee cancels their attendance at a Networking Event by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Cancellation) at least 3 days prior to that Networking Event, SSAA will refund the Invitee’s payment excluding any accommodation and dining charges, less a $20 administration fee.Alternatively, subject to SSAA’s approval, an Invitee may delegate their place at a Networking Event to another Invitee by emailing the new Invitee’s details to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days prior to the Networking Event.
- Refunds will only be made to the account or credit/debit card used by the Invitee to make their payment.
- If a Cancellation is received less than 2 days prior to a Networking Event, or if the Invitee fails to attend a Networking Event (whether in part or in full), SSAA will not provide any refund in respect of that Networking Event.
- Recordings and publicity
SSAA may take photos, and make audio and video recordings, of any Networking Event and may include part or all of such photography and recordings in its media publications (including social media) and for distribution to SSAA members as well as promotional, educational and other purposes.
The Invitee indemnifies, and shall keep indemnified, SSAA against any loss, damage or expense whatsoever suffered or incurred by SSAA and howsoever arising out of or in connection with the Invitee’s conduct at a Networking Event or any breach of these Networking Terms by the Invitee, except to the extent that any such loss, damage or expense is caused by the negligent act or omission of SSAA, with the intent that Invitees and the SSAA will be responsible for their own acts and omissions and not for each other’s acts or omissions.
- General provisions
- Any failure by SSAA to insist on strict compliance with these Networking Terms or any delay by SSAA in exercising its rights under these Networking Terms will not constitute a variation or waiver of any provisions of these Networking Terms or any right available to SSAA.
- If any part of these Networking Terms, or the application of these Networking Terms to any person or circumstance becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Networking Terms are not affected and are valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Networking Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the applicable law in the State of Victoria, Australia, irrespective of where a Networking Event takes place. In any action or other legal process with respect to any matter or thing in connection with these Networking Terms, the Invitee irrevocably submits to the authority of the Courts having jurisdiction in the State of Victoria, Australia.