The South Australian Government has announced today that there has been changes to public activity restrictions. Level 5 restrictions will be in place from 6:00pm today Tuesday 20 July 2021.
Level 5 restrictions state the following stay at home requirement, except for the following:
- Care and compassion grounds
- Essential work – Level 5 list of essential workers (PDF, 113.3 KB)
- Purchasing essential goods
- Medical reasons including getting COVID tested or vaccinated.
- Exercise with those in your household
- Closure of community activities
- Masks for public places
Self storage facilities provide storage services to a range of commercial and residential customers. Some of these customers are directly or indirectly linked to the provision of ‘permitted goods and services’ as per the list of essential workers, for example: –
- Repairers of elevators and machinery used in hospitals and other critical infrastructure;
- Companies repairing critical data and IT infrastructure;
- Companies providing hygiene goods and protective equipment;
- Foodbanks and charities providing distribution of food, sanitary items and other critical products for individuals in need;
- Emergency breakdown services such as RAA for batteries and spare parts.
Residential storers may require access to essential items for personal use which may extend to medical devices, household appliances etc.
Facilities owners/operators should have in place a plan to ensure the safe and effective delivery of services and required obligations including, but not limited to:-
- site security;
- COVID Safe Plan;
- cleaning regimes;
- sanitation protocols;
- ‘click and collect’ services;
- contactless move-ins;
- operating hours;
- urgent repairs and maintenance;
- elimination of employees working at multiple sites;
- closure of public toilet facilities and meeting rooms.
Self storage facilities usually include a retail component as part of their business and should note that the Level 5 list of essential workers includes the following:-
‘retail goods workers supporting the operation of online or phone ordering and collection or delivery of retail orders’.
For more information CLICK HERE