On Sunday, 28 February 2021, the NZ Government announced that the Auckland region has returned to COVID-19 Alert Level 3 restrictions and the rest of New Zealand to Alert level 2 restrictions for 7 days.
How does this affect your business?
As per the New Zealand Government advice the following practices are to be implemented:-
Businesses are able to open but should limit interaction with customers. Customers cannot come onto your premises — unless you are a supermarket, dairy, butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, petrol station, pharmacy, or permitted health service.
Under Alert Level 3, it is recommended that staff work from home if they can.
Golden rules for business at Alert Level 3
- If your business requires close physical contact it can’t operate.
- Recommended your staff work from home if they can.
- Businesses need to display a QR code and have an alternative contact tracing system. Recommend making sure people either scan in or provide their contact details.
- Customers cannot come onto your premises — unless you are a supermarket, dairy, butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, petrol station, pharmacy, or permitted health service.
- Your business legally must be contactless. Your customers can pay online, over the phone, or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up legally must also be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures legally must be maintained. Physical distancing, hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers legally must stay home if they are sick.
- Staff legally must remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical. Other measures, such as PPE including face coverings, we recommend being used where appropriate.
- Different advice applies to essential healthcare workers, border agencies, courts and tribunal staff, first responders, and corrections staff. You can get further advice from the Ministry of Health(external link).
- You legally must meet all other health and safety obligations.
Under Alert Level 2 (rest of New Zealand):
Businesses can open to the public they are the following public health guidance, which includes physical distancing and recording keeping.
For further information: CLICK HERE
What is the Auckland region?
The Auckland region is everything in the Auckland Council boundary – from Wellsford in the north to Pukekohe in the south.
How long will restrictions remain in place?
Restrictions will remain at Alert Level 3 (Auckland region) and Alert Level 2 (rest of NZ) for the next 7 days from Sunday 28 February 2021. This will give time for the situation to be assessed and gather information, including contact tracing.