The WA Government announced a lockdown effective 12:01am Tuesday 29 June, restrictions have been introduced for Perth metropolitan area and Peel region until Saturday 3 July 20221.
For further information on the restrictions and updates CLICK HERE
Self Storage is not an essential however as per information provided previously self storage facilities provide storage services to a range of commercial and residential customers. Some of these customers are directly or indirectly linked to providing ‘permitted goods and services’, for example: –
- Repairers of elevators and machinery used in hospitals and other critical infrastructure;
- Companies repairing critical data and IT infrastructure;
- Companies providing hygiene goods and protective equipment;
- Foodbanks and charities providing distribution of food, sanitary items and other critical products for individuals in need;
- Emergency breakdown services such as RAC for batteries and spare parts.
Residential storers may require access to essential items for personal use which may extend to medical devices, household appliances etc.
To read more CLICK HERE
Businesses should have in place a plan to ensure the safe and effective delivery of services and required obligations including, but not limited to:-
- site security;
- COVID Safe Plan;
- cleaning regimes;
- sanitation protocols;
- ‘click and collect’ services;
- contactless move-ins;
- operating hours;
- urgent repairs and maintenance;
- elimination of employees working at multiple sites;
- closure of public toilet facilities and meeting rooms.
Masks are mandatory:
- Public transport
- Outdoor public areas where physical distancing is not possible.
- Mask-wearing mandatory except for primary school students and those who are exempt
COVID Safe Plan – The SSAA developed a storage specific COVID Safe Plan that members may wish to implement into their everyday business practices. Available for download from the Members Only section on our website – The Australian SSAA COVID Risk Management Plan
Your COVID Safe Plan helps protect your workers, customers and visitors and provides guidance on what to do in the event of a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in your workplace.