The NSW Government has introduced further restrictions which commenced from 6pm on Saturday 26 June, the stay-at-home direction applies to people who live in, usually work in, or usually attend a university or other tertiary education facility in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong, and Shellharbour local government areas.
For further information on the restrictions CLICK HERE
Regional NSW – Restrictions apply to regional and rural NSW to protect the community from COVID-19.
For further information on the restrictions for regional NSW CLICK HERE
As per information provided previously, self storage facilities provide storage services to a range of commercial and residential customers. Some of these customers are directly or indirectly linked to providing ‘permitted goods and services’, for example: –
- Repairers of elevators and machinery used in hospitals and other critical infrastructure;
- Companies repairing critical data and IT infrastructure;
- Companies providing hygiene goods and protective equipment;
- Foodbanks and charities providing distribution of food, sanitary items, and other critical products for individuals in need;
- Emergency breakdown services such as NRMA for batteries and spare parts.
Residential storers may require access to essential items for personal use which may extend to medical devices, household appliances, etc.
Businesses should have in place a plan to ensure the safe and effective delivery of services and required obligations including, but not limited to:-
- site security;
- COVID Safe Plan;
- cleaning regimes;
- sanitation protocols;
- ‘click and collect’ services;
- contactless move-ins;
- operating hours;
- urgent repairs and maintenance;
- elimination of employees working at multiple sites;
- closure of public toilet facilities and meeting rooms.
COVID Safe Plan – The SSAA developed a storage specific COVID Safe Plan that members may wish to implement into their everyday business practices. Available for download from the Members Only section on our website – The Australian SSAA COVID Risk Management Plan https://members.selfstorage.org.au/member-services/covid-19/
Your COVID Safe Plan helps protect your workers, customers and visitors and provides guidance on what to do in the event of a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in your workplace.
Face mask rules have changed. For more information on face masks CLICK HERE