Since the onset of the pandemic, the SSAA’s position has been that self storage facilities provide services to a range of commercial and residential customers, who may directly or indirectly provide permitted or essential goods and services – for example, companies repairing machinery for critical infrastructure, emergency services for spare parts or charities providing critical products for individuals in need. Residential customers may require access to essential items for personal use.
Members should have a COVID-safe plan in place to ensure they can operate safely under the current restrictions, addressing:
- Site security and operating hours
- Cleaning regimes and sanitisation protocols
- Contactless move-in / move-out processes
- Urgent repairs and maintenance
- Closure of public toilet facilities and meeting rooms
For COVID-19 resources, templates and guides, access your Member Portal.
For further information on restrictions the SSAA recommends you continue to monitor the relevant government websites:
- COVID-19: https://covid19.govt.nz/
- Doing Business at Alert Level 4: https://covid19.govt.nz/business-and-money/businesses/doing-business-at-alert-level-4/
- MBIE: https://www.business.govt.nz/covid-19
The SSAA will continue to keep members informed of any new developments as they relate to self storage. For further information or support, email us at email@example.com