There has been a number of recent announcements in relation to changing restrictions and lockdown requirements for members across the ACT, NSW, NT and VIC.
Since the onset of the pandemic, the SSAA’s position has been that self storage facilities provide services to a range of commercial and residential customers, who may directly or indirectly provide permitted or essential goods and services – for example, companies repairing machinery for critical infrastructure, emergency services for spare parts or charities providing critical products for individuals in need. Residential customers may require access to essential items for personal use.
Members should have a COVID-safe plan in place to ensure they can continue to operate safely under the current restrictions, addressing:
- Site security and operating hours
- Cleaning regimes and sanitisation protocols
- Contactless move-in / move-out processes
- Click and collect services
- Urgent repairs and maintenance
- Closure of public toilet facilities and meeting rooms
- Arrangements for employees working at multiple sites
For COVID-19 resources, templates and guides, access your Member Portal.
For further information on restrictions in your area the SSAA recommends you continue to monitor the relevant government websites:
- Stay at home rules for Regional and Rural NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/affected-regions
- Changes to restrictions for Greater Sydney: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney
- Local Government Areas of Concern: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/affected-area
- Lockdown extended until at least 2 September 2021 for ACT: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/home
- Stay at home directions and curfew in place for Metropolitan Melbourne until at least 2 September 2021:
- Stay safe directions in place for Regional Victoria: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
- Greater Darwin and Katherine in 72 hour lockdown: https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/stay-safe/covid-19-lockdown-restrictions-in-place
- Easing restrictions and stronger border measures in place: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/
- Modified Level One restrictions in place: https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/
- Controlled border arrangements in place: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus
The SSAA will continue to keep members informed of any new developments as they relate to self storage. For further information or support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org